In this 8 day trip you'll visit this Wonder of the World - Angkor Temples (Cambodia) and The World Heritage Site of Halong Bay, visit the home of “King Kong” in Ninh Binh in Vietnam... This tour combines the highlights of Cambodia using the luxury accommodation and services. Start with a visit to the ancient Angkor temples of Khmer kingdom and explore the legendary Angkor Wat. Then travel to North Vietnam to discover the spectacular landscape of Redriver delta and sail through the mystical Halong Bay. This private trip could start from Siem Reap and end in Hanoi or vice versa.
Luxury Siem Reap & North Vietnam - 8 Days - Cambodia Tours
Start city: Siem Reap (Cambodia)
Finish city: Hanoi (Vietnam)
Duration: 8 Days & 7 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Siem Reap - Hanoi - Ninh Binh - Halong Bay - Hanoi
- Extendable with optional tours from Siem Reap (Cambodia) and from Hanoi (Vietnam).
Note: Tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Private tour, daily departure
- Visit all famous Angkor temples, enjoy the Sunrise over Angkor Wat
- See the unique Phare Circus- perfect introduction of Khmer Culture
- Top luxury accommodation throughout the trip
- Luxury Cruise with The Uncrowded Alternative to Halong Bay
- Boat trip in Tam Coc (Home of King Kong)
- BRIEF & PRICE
- TOUR MAP
BRIEF & PRICE
Welcome to Siem Reap, the provincial capital and gateway to the ancient Angkor temples. Recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the Angkor Archaeological Park encompasses dozens of temple ruins including Bayon, Banteay Srei and the legendary Angkor Wat. Upon arrival, your Siem Reap local guide and driver will welcome you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel for a check in.
Orientation walking around the hotel area followed by the Phare show at Cambodia Circus Centre to expect the unexpected.
More than just a circus, Phare performers use theater, music, dance and modern circus arts to tell uniquely Cambodian stories; historical, folk and modern. The young circus artists will astonish you with their energy, emotion, enthusiasm and talent.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 2: Siemreap - Angkor tour
Rise early to pick up the best moment at dawn to see the largest as well as the most complete temple of Angkor Wat. This architectural masterpiece was constructed in the 12th century and covers an area of about 210 hectares. Take the short the Tuk Tuk ride to the site where you will stroll around this massive edifice, seeing the many galleries with columns, libraries, pavilions, courtyards and ponds full of water reflecting the towering temple. Transfer back to your hotel for the tasty breakfast and a short break then take part in the 30 minute blessing ceremony in Siem Reap’s the most famous pagoda. This unique experience includes chanting, prayers, incense and flower offerings. You will leave with a keep sake that is meant to bring luck and prosperity.
The afternoon tour explores the jungle covered temple of Ta Prohm, the impressive Bayon Temple, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King. Conclude your day with a visit to the wondrous ancient ruins with the South Gate of Angkor Thom, which is famous for its series of colossal human faces carved in stone before transferring back to the hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siemreap
Day 3: Siemreap - Cambodian Culture Village - Fly to Hanoi
Breakfast at hotel.
Today you will visit Cambodian Culture village Center – a kind of museum that covers an area of 210.000 square meters to have the deeper insight of the local culture. You will see all the miniatures of famous historical buildings and structures, local customs and practices of all races. There are 13 unique villages, which represent different cultural heritages and characteristics of 19 races. At each village, you will see wooden houses, carving, traditional performances in different styles such as Apsara Dancing, performance of ethnic minorities from the Northeast of Cambodia, a traditional wedding ceremony, a circus, popular games, peacock dancing, acrobats, elephant shows, boxing and more.
Then your driver will take you to the airport for flight to Hanoi. Up on arrival, your Hanoi local guide and driver will pick up and transfer you to the hotel in city center to check in.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Day 4: Hanoi - City tour
Breakfast at hotel.
Today you have a full day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone. Your city tour will take you to Hanoi’s key sites: the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house), the nearby One Pillar Pagoda; the Presidential Palace; the Temple of Literature; the Quan Thanh Temple, the sedate Tran Quoc Pagoda & West Lake; and one of the city's museums (a choice between the History Museum and the Ethnology Museum). In the evening enjoy a traditional Water Puppet Performance – a unique Vietnamese Art form hailing from Southeast Asia’s wet-rice culture
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi - Ninh Binh day trip
After having breakfast at hotel, take a 2 hour drive to Ninh Binh province which is best known as “ Halong Bay on land”. On arrival, embark a leisurely ninety-minute sampan cruise through the caves of Tam Coc, a photographer’s dream with opportunities at every turn. The area is where the movie 'Indochine' was filmed.
Next, visit Bich Dong ancient Pagoda which offers spectacular views of the surrounding area before going back to the pier where a delicious Vietnamese lunch is served.
The afternoon tour explores Hoa Lu- the ancient capital of Vietnam during the Dinh and Le dynasties to learn more about the country’s history. Besides, vibrant green rice fields dotted with limestone outcrops will bring you the great impression to the area.
In the late afternoon, drive back to Hanoi and spend the rest of your day at leisure.
Meal: Breakfast & Lunch
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Day 6: Hanoi - Halong bay cruise.
After having breakfast at hotel, take the 2 hour drive to Hai Phong where you will embark the Orchid Junk - the first 5 star cruise line that offers the most comprehensive itinerary- to explore the Bays of wonders: Halong Bay, Bai Tu Long Bay and Lan Ha Bay. When cruising, you will enjoy the wonderful landscapes, fresh and tasty seafood, peaceful atmosphere. This will surely be a vacation of a lifetime!
12h00: Transfer by tender to the Orchid Cruise.
12h15: Welcome aboard! Enjoy a complimentary drink while you checking and review safety instructions. Your exploration of Halong Bay begins - one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature.
12h40: Your Orchid Cruise proceeds to Da Chong islet where you can see a lighthouse built by the French over 100 years ago. Enjoy lunch on-board before continuing your journey via the islets of Duck (Con Vit) and Gia Luan. These amazing limestone karst formations rise up out of the sea in an impressive manner. This area is untouched due to being a fair way from Halong City, not so many tourist boats venture here, meaning it has a more isolated appeal.
14h45: Progress to Ba Trai Dao beach area of Lan Ha Bay, a separate part of Halong Bay. Geologically, Lan Ha is an extension of Halong Bay but sits in a different province of Vietnam. The region is known for its pristine beaches and spectacular beauty with about 400 fascinating karst islands and limestone outcrops. Unlike Ha Long Bay, the islands of Lan Ha Bay are forested, and most are small in stature.
15h00: Experience the small coracles that used by fishermen for centuries. You will learn how they go to trade or to cast fishing nets whilst navigating the waters in their tiny craft.
Alternatively, you may prefer to kayak amongst the jutting karsts or simply enjoy a swim in the crystal waters of the bay. (This program offered April through November)
In the winter months, (December to March) you may visit Viet Hai village. Bike along the village path and go through lush forests. Enjoy stunning scenery of rice fields on the way. Optional electric cart service is available (at an extra cost).
17h45: Return to your ship. You may watch the magnificent sunset over the Gulf of Tonkin or join a traditional cooking class. The ship’s chef will instruct you in the making of some Vietnamese dishes.
Option: Massage service available, please book with Cruise Manager directly.
19h30: Dinner is served. Enjoy delicious local food prepared and served by professional on-board catering staff.
21h30: Watch the water glistening in the moonlight as you lounge on the top deck sipping a cocktail of choice or try your hand at squid fishing- one of the most interesting evening activities that you may experience. Overnight on board.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: Overnight on cruise.
Day 7: Halong bay cruise - Hanoi
6h00: Rise early to witness the bay at its very best whilst enjoying an invigorating Tai Chi session on the sundeck. After breakfast, continue your journey and head out by canoes to explore the bay in the area where the Dark & Bright Cave is situated.
9h45: Return to The Orchid for check-out procedures.
10h15: Enjoy a delightful brunch as you are navigating back to Dinh Vu Pier.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Day 8: Hanoi – Departure
Have breakfast at hotel then enjoy a free morning before driving to Noi Bai International Airport to catch your departure flight home.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is cambodiatours.com trusted
- www.cambodiatours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Flight as indicated in the itinerary: Siemreap – Hanoi
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Peak season surcharges (If any)
- Cambodia & Vietnam visa fee (more at www.cambodiatours.com/visa)
Call us on + 8424. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.