Immerse yourself in the sublime beauty of the Mekong & it’s river life. Travel from Saigon’s modern bustle to the calm waters of Tonle Sap Lake and into the ancient Khmer Kingdom; explore South Vietnam and Cambodia on a tour that takes you along the meandering Mekong River all the way to Siem Reap - the home town of Angkor Wat while you enjoy the best accommodation and luxury facility that Vietnam and Cambodia have to offer. Contact our travel consultant for more details.
Start city: Saigon (Vietnam)
End city: Siem Reap (Cambodia)
Duration: 8 Days 7 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Saigon - Cu chi- Cai be - Can Tho - Chau Doc - Phnompenh - Siem Reap.
- Extendable with optional tours from Saigon (Vietnam) and from Siem Reap (Cambodia)
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Private tour, depart daily
- Understand what life was like for the Vietnamese soldiers during wartime
- Overnight on Mekong Cruise
- Immersing in bustling floating market in Mekong Delta
- Stay in all luxury 5 star accommodation
- Learning about the Khmer Rouge and Cambodia’s recent history
- Discover secrets of Angkor - UNESCO World Heritage site
Welcome to Saigon- the Vietnam’s bustling, vibrant and financial hub. Upon arrival at Tan Son Nhat International Airport, you will be met by our guide and driver for greetings and hotel transfer. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure to recover from jet lag and explore the city on your own.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon.
Day 2: Saigon Cu Chi Tunnel - City tour
After having breakfast at the hotel, our guide and driver will meet you at the lobby for the transfer out to the Cu Chi tunnels, mysterious, once-secret tunnels used as supply routes, hospitals and living quarters by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War. These subterranean passageways outside Ho Chi Minh City are a tiny part of a huge network that extends through much of Vietnam.
After having lunch on site (
your own account), transfer back to the city where you will visit the city key sites such sites as the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Old Post Office and Ben Thanh Market. Drive back to your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure.
Optional tour: tonight, perhaps you can take part in the “Vespa tour Saigon at night” or “Saigon cruising” or simply relax on your own. Please kindly contact our travel consultant for more details and price.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon.
Day 3: Saigon - Cai Be – Tra On - Overnight on Mekong Cruise
After breakfast at your hotel, our driver and guide meet you at hotel for 2 hour drive to Cai Be where you will explore the Mekong River by boat.
Cocochine boat embarkation at 12:00 followed by a welcome drink and check in cabin. You will have lunch onboard while cruising to Can Tho – the Mekong Center via the fascinating Cho Lach and Tra On.
Up to river tide, disembark and make a pleasant walking or biking on the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the locals’ activities, especially some orchards with its famer.
When reaching Tra On, enjoy the magnificent sunset on the river. Leisurely cruise up the Mekong River while enjoying the beautiful sunset with the aperitifs.
A wonderful day with picturesque ferry crossings over Mekong River branches.
Dinner and overnight on board in Tra On.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Accommodation: On Cruise.
Day 4: Tra On - Can Tho - Cai Rang Floating market - Chau Doc
The noise of the floating market wake you up early in the morning.
After breakfast, the cruise continues to Can Tho. Enjoy the magnificent sunrise on the river. Leisurely cruise up the BASSAC river while enjoying the beautiful scenery.
Arrive Can Tho, a small shuttle boat will take you explore the Cai Rang market one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging and jostling for space as owners attempt to sell their goods. And through the palm-shaded creek to see local houses and green orchards.
10h00am: disembark and say goodbye with crews. Our driver waits for you at the dock and transfer you to Chau Doc.
Accommodation: Hotel in Chau Doc.
Day 5: Chau Doc - Speedboat to Phnom Penh
After breakfast, check-out the hotel then travel by speedboat up the Mekong to Cambodia’s capital: Phnom Penh. The total trip takes about four and a half hours (including visa formalities). Visas are easily obtained at the border between Vietnam and Cambodia and cost (including the processing fee). Your guide will meet you at the dock in Phnom Penh and take you to the hotel. Despite its recent turbulent history, Phnom Penh’s wide tree-lined boulevards and faded colonial mansions hold an undeniable charm. After lunch (your own account) at a downtown restaurant, take a leisurely tour to visit National Museum, the Royal Palace – home to the royal family and the Central Market.
Accommodation: Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Day 6: Phnom Penh City tour - Fly to Siem Reap
Enjoy breakfast at hotel then continue to explore our capital.
Start the day learning about the Khmer Rouge and Cambodia’s recent history on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the notorious Choeung Ek “Killing Fields”. Then try out your bargain skill in Russian market.
Later in the afternoon, our driver will take you to Phnom Penh airport for your flight to Siem Reap.
Upon your arrival, meet our guide and transfer to your hotel in center.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 7: Siem Reap - Angkor temples
Enjoy an entire full day devoted to the mystical and ancient Angkor Temples. After an early breakfast at the hotel set out to Angkor Thom’s imposing South Gate, topped with the four serenely smiling faces of Avalokiteshvara. Next, visit Bayon Temple, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. Leaving Angkor Thom by the North Gate, travel to Preah Khan (Sacred Sword), one of Angkor’s largest temples, constructed in the 12th century by Jayavarman VII. After lunch at your own account, continue to visit the mystical, jungle-entwined Ta Prohm Temple. To avoid the crowd, we then take the back entrance to the most famous Khmer temple: Angkor Wat, first constructed as a Hindu monument and later dedicated to Buddha, Angkor Wat is the largest temple and finest example of Angkorian art and architect. Discover in deep the history and the culture of this place through our local guide until late in the afternoon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
Day 8: Siem Reap Departure
After a breakfast at the hotel, you are free for shopping or relaxing until our driver will drive you to the Siem Reap International airport for departure.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is cambodiatours.com trusted
- www.cambodiatours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
Want to Ask a question?
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at 5 star hotels and Le Cochinchine Cruise (Double/ Twin occupancy)
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Boat Trip on Mekong river.
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Peak season surcharges (If any)
- Cambodia & Vietnam Visa fee
Call us on 0084 934 564 690 to speak to one of our experts.