Start city: Siem Reap
End city: Phnom Penh
Duration: 5 Days 4 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Siem Reap - Angkor - Phnom Penh
- Extendable with optional tours from Siem Reap and from Phnom Penh.
- Phare show
- Wander through the best temples of Angkor
- Tuk tuk ride to Angkor Wat at dawn
- Cruise Tonle Sap and see how people live on the floating villages
- Learn Cambodia's recent history
- Dinner on Mekong Cruise
Welcome to Siem Reap, the provincial capital and gateway to the ancient Angkor temples. Recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the Angkor Archaeological Park encompasses dozens of temple ruins including Bayon, Banteay Srei and the legendary Angkor Wat. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our local guide and taken to the hotel to check in. Time for refreshment.
Walking orientation around the hotel area followed by the Phare show at Cambodia Circus Centre to expect the unexpected. More than just a show, Phare performers use theater, music, dance and modern circus arts to tell uniquely Cambodian stories; historical, folk and modern. The young circus artists will astonish you with their energy, emotion, enthusiasm and talent.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
Day 2 Siem Reap - Angkor temples
Rise up early to pick up the most beautiful, haunting and spiritual moment to visit magnificent Angkor Wat at dawn. This special activity is designed also to help you see “the Temple reflex on the water” when it’s much cooler and less crowded. Angkor Wat, the UNESCO World Heritage Site, which was constructed by Suryavarman II who reigned Cambodia from 1113 to 1152 and built the five towers in the 12th century and dedicated them to the Hindu God Vishnu. The plan of the pyramidal conception of the temple combined with spaces, alleys and ditches is an ancient masterpiece of architectural design and construction.
For your most convenience, A table with hot tea or coffee and breakfast box is arranged by Travel Cambodia will be served right on site in front of Angkor Wat.
Your journey continues with a visit of the South Gate of Angkor Thom, which is famous for its majestic doors and artifacts. From here, ride on an elephant to monumental temple of Bayon which is the heart of Angkor Thom. Later, visit the Elephant Terrace, Terrace of the Leper King and Takeo "Jewel of Crystal", which is dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva and was erected at the end of the 10th century. You should not miss Ta Prohm Temple, which is a wonderful combination of human genius and natural beauty with its giant trees that have grown there for centuries.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
Day 3 Siem Reap - Tonle Sap - Drive to Phnom Penh
After breakfast, check out of hotel and transfer then to Tonle Sap. This is the largest permanent fresh-water lake in South Asia and flows into Tonle Sap River, joining the Mekong in Phnom Penh. We will see a “floating village” – boats have been converted to look like houses and the “village” move from place to place following water levels.
In the afternoon, take a 5 hour drive from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh- the recent Capital of the kingdom. The journey offers an excellent opportunity to observe rural Cambodia up-close. Stop along the way and visit a market, where every assortment of street food is available, including the Khmer favorite: fried spiders! Of course feel free to try one. Once you arrive in Phnom Penh, check in hotel and free at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Phnom Penh
Day 4 Phnom Penh City tour
Phnom Penh was founded in the 14th century and has long been a vital trading hub at the confluence of three rivers: the Mekong, Tonle Sap, and Bassac. Start the day learning about the Khmer Rouge and Cambodia’s recent history on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the notorious Choeung Ek “Killing Fields.” Our cultural tour continues as we visit the National Museum—a journey into ancient Khmer art and civilization and the Royal Palace, home to the royal family and the opulent silver pagoda. Enjoy some free time to rest and freshen up before driving to the dock to catch an evening boat cruise along the Mekong River. Savor a welcome dinner on board as you watch the sunset over the shimmering lights of Phnom Penh.
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner.
Accommodation: Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Day 5 Phnom Penh Departure
After breakfast you are free at your leisure until our driver takes you to Phnom Penh International airport for departure flight home.
Note: Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be offered.
All hotels are rated according to local standards.
All itineraries are flexible and can easily be altered to suit your needs and interests.
Please contact one of our travel consultants for more information.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is cambodiatours.com trusted
- www.cambodiatours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Boat Trip
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa stamp fees (more at www.cambodiatours.com/visa)
Call us on + 8424. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.