In this 4-day getaway, Cambodia Tours introduces you to country’s key destinations: Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Start in the bustling capital, learning about Cambodia’s recent history then drive north to Siem Reap and discover the entrancing beauty of the ancient Angkor Temples.
Cambodia at a Glance - 4 Days - Cambodia Tours
Start city: Phnom Penh
Finish city: Siem Reap
Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Phnom Penh – Siem Reap – Angkor temples - Siem Reap
- Extendable with optional tours from Phnom Penh and from Siem Reap.
- Private Tours, depart at your convenience date
- Learning about Khmer Rouge and Cambodia’s recent history
- Visit all famous Angkor temples
- Floating village in Tonle Sap lake
- Visiting Khmer countryside and meeting with local people.
- BRIEF & PRICE
- TOUR MAP
BRIEF & PRICE
Welcome to Phnom Penh- the Capital of the kingdom. The city was founded in the 14th century and has long been a vital trading hub at the confluence of three rivers: the Mekong, Tonle and Bassac. Upon arrival, you will be met by your local guide who then transfers you to the hotel for check in.
In the afternoon, you will explore the city key sites, first with the National Museum—a perfect introduction of the ancient Khmer art and civilization. Then, go to the Royal Palace, home to the royal family and the opulent Silver Pagoda. Browse in the Russian Market before driving to the dock to catch an evening boat cruise along the Mekong River. Savor a welcome dinner on board as you watch the sunset over the shimmering lights of Phnom Penh.
Accommodation: Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Day 2: Phnompenh - Half day tour - Drive to Siemreap (shuttle bus)
Enjoy your breakfast at the hotel followed by a half day historical tour to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the notorious Choeung Ek “Killing Fields.” In spite of the recent turbulent history and crimes by the Khmer Rouge, the post- war Cambodian have been rebuilding their Kingdom, healed up the nation for the brighter future.
After having lunch in Phnom Penh (your own account), hop on a 5 hours shuttle bus to Siem Reap. The journey offers an excellent opportunity to observe the rural Cambodia up-close. On arrival in Siem Reap which is best known as the provincial capital and gateway to the ancient Angkor temples, check in the hotel and you are then free at your leisure or explore the Psar Chass - the “Old Market” for some souvenir shopping or have some drinks at Pub Street.
If you wish to travel by flight instead, a surcharge of US$ 80.00 per person will be applied.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
Day 3: Siem Reap - Angkor tour
For the early birds and photographers, we offer Angkor Wat sunrise tour. This takes place from 4.30 AM to 6.00 AM so you will need wake up early to be transferred there by tuk tuk. Afterward, you will be back to the hotel for the breakfast.
After breakfast at the hotel, hop on the car heading to the South Gate of Angkor Thom which is famous for its majestic doors and artifacts followed by the visit of monumental temple of Bayon facing the tropical forest and Baphuon and Phimeanakas Mountains. Later, visit the Elephant Terrace, Terrace of the Leper King and Takeo "Jewel of Crystal", which is dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva and was erected at the end of the 10th century. You won’t miss Ta Prohm Temple, which is a wonderful combination of human genius and natural beauty with its giant trees that have grown there for centuries. In the afternoon, visit Angkor Wat, the UNESCO World Heritage Site, which was constructed by Suryavarman II who reigned Cambodia from 1113 to 1152 and built the five towers in the 12th century and dedicated them to the Hindu God Vishnu. The plan of the Pyramidal conception of the temple combined with spaces, alleys and ditches is an ancient masterpiece of the architectural design and construction.
Return to your hotel later this afternoon and spend your rest of time at leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 4: Siemreap - Tonle Sap Lake – Departure
Enjoy your breakfast at hotel, then transfer to discover Tonle Sap Lake which is the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia and flows into Tonle Sap River, joining the Mekong in Phnom Penh. On arrival, embark a boat to cruise to a “floating village” for the best local touch. Next, transfer out to the Siem Reap airport for your departure flight home.
Note: Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be offered.
All hotels are rated according to local standards.
All itineraries are flexible and can easily be altered to suit your needs and interests.
Please contact one of our travel consultants for more information.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is cambodiatours.com trusted
- www.cambodiatours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Daily breakfast
- Transportation by A/C car as itinerary
- English speaking guide
- Meals as mentioned in the Itinerary
- Entrance fees, boat trips, performance & excursions
- International flights
- Meals that not mentioned in the itinerary
- Peak season surcharges (if any)
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa stamp fees (more at www.cambodiatours.com/visa)
Call us on + 8424. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.