Start city: Siem Riep
End city: Siem Riep
Duration: 2 Days & a Night
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Siem Riep
- Extendable with optional tours from Siem Riep and from Siem Riep.
- Private Tour, Depart at your convenient date
- Trekking off the beaten track tour
- Visit Beng Mealea - Koh Ker - Preah Vihear & border area
- Enjoy panorama view over the Thai border from temple
This morning, you will join us on an off-the-beaten-track excursion to Beng Mealea. Known as “Lotus pond” and dated early 11th Century by Suryavarman II, this Hindu styled temple was hidden in a maze of jungle for hundreds of years and just recently found and opened for visitors. On arrival at the site, you will climb over large sandstone blocks to reach the inner sanctuary and eerie worship corridor. Architecturally, Beng Mealea is noted for its innovative, in its time, construction of hallways. It was a very large temple with wide galleries foreshadowing Angkor Wat. Garudas, hold up an outer platform, finer in detail than those to be found out in the elements of the Elephant Terrace at Angkor Thom. Surprises of fallen lintels with intricate carvings lay amongst the fallen wall and roofs.
Continue over an hour drive, we get to Koh Ker, a 10th century capital abandoned in the remote north of Cambodia for more than a thousand years. Enjoy a visit to the pyramid temple of Prasat Thom. Continue to explore the many temples at this incredible site, including the beautiful Prasat Krahom covered by jungle.
Accommodations: Hotel in Preah Vihear.
Day 2: Explore Preah Vihear and border area
Have breakfast in the hotel and we leave early heading North on the bumpy road to Preah Vihear. Some part we got to use the special transfer of Preah Vihear complex.
Once you get to the Temple, enjoy the panorama view over the Thai border and discover the unique architectural complex of a series of sanctuaries linked by a system of pavements and staircases on an 800 meter long axis, is an outstanding masterpiece of Khmer architecture, in terms of plan, decoration and relationship to the spectacular landscape environment.
Situated on the edge of a plateau that dominates the plain of Cambodia, the Temple of Preah Vihear is dedicated to Shiva. Nevertheless, its complex history can be traced to the 9th century, when the hermitage was founded. This site is particularly well preserved, mainly due to its remote location. The site is exceptional for the quality of its architecture, which is adapted to the natural environment and the religious function of the temple, as well as for the exceptional quality of its carved stone ornamentation. In the afternoon, we drive back to Siem Reap city.
Please be aware that flight time, hotels and all others logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be offered. All hotel ratings are according to the local.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is cambodiatours.com trusted
- www.cambodiatours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Daily breakfast
- Transportation by private A/C car as itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- Meals as mentioned in the Itinerary
- All entrance fees, boat trip, performance & excursions
- International flights
- Meals that not mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Peak season surcharges (if any)
- Cambodia Visa (more at www.cambodiatours.com/visa)
Call us on + 8424. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.