Start city: Siem Reap (Cambodia)
End city: Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
Duration: 8 Days & 7 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Siem Reap - Battambang - Udong - Phnom Penh
- Extendable with optional tours from Siem Reap (Cambodia) and from Phnom Penh (Cambodia).
- Private tour, Depart on your convenient date
- Biking trip around Battambang countryside
- Learn about the Khmer Rouge History
- Phare Show - the perfect introduction about Cambodian culture and history
- Sunset from the top of Phnom Bakheng Hill
- Ox cart ride in Chreav Village
- Boat trip to Kampong Phluk floating village
- Buddha blessing in Udong
Welcome to Siem Reap, the provincial capital and gateway to the ancient Angkor temples. Recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the Angkor Archaeological Park encompasses dozens of temple ruins including Bayon and the legendary Angkor Wat. Upon arrival, you will be met by our local guide and driven to the hotel to check in.
Orientation walking around the hotel area followed by the Phare show at Cambodia Circus Centre to expect the unexpected.
More than just a circus, Phare performers use theater, music, dance and modern circus arts to tell uniquely Cambodian stories; historical, folk and modern. The young circus artists will astonish you with their energy, emotion, enthusiasm and talent. This show should be the perfect introduction about Cambodian culture and history.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap.
Day 2: Siem Reap
After breakfast, you’ll visit Angkor Thom, starting with its South Gate which is best known for the majestic doors and artifacts. Your next visit will be the Bayon, a bizarre structure of several architectural changes reflecting a switch from Hinduism (the foundations) to Buddhism (the superstructure), the Elephant and Leper King Terraces followed by a visit to Ta Prohm Temple, which is a wonderful combination of human genius and natural beauty with its giant trees that have grown there for centuries.
In the afternoon, you’ll explore Angkor Wat itself, the largest, and for most people, the most impressive temple in the complex after which you can watch the sunset from the top of Phnom Bakheng Hill.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
Day 3: Siem Reap insight.
Rise up early for the ox cart ride to get a true sense of the quiet life of rural Cambodia. Starting from your hotel at 5.00 AM, you will be driven by tuk tuk to Chreav village. Upon arrival, you will have chance to take a ride along dirt tracks aboard an ox-cart - the traditional form of transport here to enjoy the sun rise over the paddy fields. After that, you will tour through the village, seeing local people going about their daily life.
Afterward, transfer back to the hotel for your breakfast and relax.
Check out at noon and proceed to the one of the city’s lively open markets, Psar Chass, called the “Old Market”, where you can see the locals shopping and going about their lives.
In the afternoon, continue your trip to Kampong Phluk floating village - a must see on Tonle Sap Lake. Board a boat and visit the floating village before heading to the nearby flooded mangrove forests. Then, you will be driven to a homestay where a cooking demonstration on traditional Khmer cuisine is arranged before joining with a local family for a cozy dinner and experience the most authentic Khmer lifestyle.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner.
Accommodation: Home stay in Tonle Sap Lake.
Day 4: Siem Reap - Battambang
After breakfast well prepared at your home stay, you will take 3,5h drive to Battambang via Sisophon. Upon arrival, check into your hotel and have a short relaxation. In the afternoon, you will take a slow 30 minute ride on the Bamboo train before visiting Phnom Sampov - an important religious site known throughout all Cambodia. During the Khmer Rouge period the mountain was used as a place to kill "enemies" of the regime and in what are known as the "killing caves" there is a memorial to these victims. Every evening at nightfall thousands of bats make their way out of caves in the hillside to feed before returning at dawn.
Conclude your day with the drive to Phnom Bannon with its five sandstone towers on top of a hill and enjoy a magnificent view until sunset.
Accommodation: Hotel in Battambang.
Day 5: Battambang biking trip
Today you will cycle through countryside to explore Cambodia's rural way of life. During the trip, you will have some stops at villages to see local cottage industries, traditional scarf weaving and traditional farming. You will enjoy a traditional Cambodian lunch with a variety of Battambang's famous fish soup, vegetables, fruit and a refreshing coconut. The cycle is easy riding on flat terrain and if you would like to opt out of the cycling and hop on a tuk-tuk instead on the way back to your hotel, please inform your tour guide at the beginning of the trip for the best arrangement.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch.
Accommodation: Hotel in Battambang.
Day 6: Battambang - Drive to Phnom Penh
Have breakfast at your hotel, the driver and guide will transfer you to Phnom Penh via Kompong Chhnang and Oudong. Along the way, you will stop at a pottery village and the floating village of Kompong Loung renowned for silversmithing. You will also take a stopover at Oudong, the former capital of Cambodia for the highlight of your trip. Upon arrival in Udong, begin your walk up to the summit of Oudong Mountain where you can see a number of old stupas and have chance for a Buddhist blessing ceremony about 5 - 10 minutes which brings you peace and happiness. Upon arrival in Phnom Penh, check in to the hotel and free at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Day 7: Phnom Penh city tour
Despite its recent turbulent history, Phnom Penh still holds an undeniable charm with its wide tree-lined boulevards and faded colonial mansions.
After having breakfast at your hotel, you will join us on a full day city tour, visiting the capital’s main attractions. Start with a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and the notorious Choeung Ek “Killing Fields” to learn about the Khmer Rouge and Cambodia’s recent, bloody part of history.
In the afternoon, you will visit National Museum, an excellent introduction into ancient Khmer art and civilization, and the Royal Palace, home to the royal family and the opulent silver pagoda. Later, take the leisure walk to Phnom Penh’s historic riverfront area where stands lots of restaurants, art galleries and silk shops, or perhaps visit the distinctive Central Market where you can buy jewelry, curios, clothes and souvenirs.
Return to the hotel afterward and spend the rest of evening at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Phnom Penh.
Day 8: Phnom Penh Departure.
After having breakfast at hotel, enjoy your free time until the transfer to Phnom Penh International Airport for your departure flight home.
Note: Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be offered.
All hotels are rated according to local standards.
All itineraries are flexible and can easily be altered to suit your needs and interests.
Please contact one of our travel consultants for more information.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is cambodiatours.com trusted
- www.cambodiatours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals that not mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Peak season surcharges (if any)
- Cambodia Visa (more at www.cambodiatours.com/visa)
Call us on + 8424. 3942 9444 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.