Start city: Siem Reap (Cambodia)
End city: Luang Prabang (Laos)
Duration: 6 Days & 5 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Siem Reap - Luang Prabang
- Extendable with optional tours from Siem Reap (Cambodia) and from Luang Prabang (Laos)
Prices are quoted in US Dollars per person, double occupancy.
|> 6 Persons||Contact us for the best offer|
Day 1: Siem Reap - Arrival
Day 2: Siem Reap – Angkor Thom - Banteay Srei – Ta Prohm
Day 3: Siem Reap – Angkor Wat – Roulous Group – flight to Luang Prabang
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Pakou Caves
Day 5: Luang Prabang – Kuang Si Fall
Day 6: Luang Prabang – Departure
Day 1: Siem Reap – Arrival- Sunset over Angkor Thom.
Welcome to Siem Reap, the provincial capital and gateway to the ancient Angkor Temples. Upon arrival, you will be picked up by our driver and tour guide for the warm greetings and hotel transfer. Time to refresh up.
Later this afternoon, transfer by tuk tuk to Angkor Thom’s South Gate where you will see the beautiful and old Gate with its majestic doors and artifacts. Later, embark on a traditional wooden boat to cruise along the water moat by Angkor Thom. As your boat glides serenely along, watch the sunset over the majestic temples of the Angkor Archaeological Park. You’ll walk to one of the Prasat Chrung temples with your guide before returning to the boat and then to your accommodation in Siem Reap.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
Day 2: Siem Reap – Angkor Temples.
After breakfast at the hotel, begin the day with a visit to the jungle-covered temple of Ta Prohm, a wonderful combination of human genius and natural beauty with its giant trees that have grown there for centuries. The temple became more famous after Tomb Raider was filmed there. Your next visit will be Banteay Srei, another must- see site and well known as the “women’s citadel”. This beautiful temple was built in 967 AD by Jayavarman V's guru, it showcases the most exquisite, deep and complex carvings in all Khmer architecture.
After having lunch (your own account), explore Preah Khan meaning “Holy Sword”. This is one of the largest temple compounds in Angkor and is defended by four concentric walls. The main shrine and its adjoining buildings are richly decorated with Buddhist motifs and scenes from Hindu epics. Drive further through the North Gate of Angkor Thom to see the enigmatic faces of Bayon Temple, known as the heart of Angkor Thom. You will also see the intricate base reliefs of the Terrace of the Elephants before heading back to the hotel and the rest of time is at your leisure.
Accommodations: Hotel in Siem Riep
Day 3: Siem Reap – Angkor Wat – Roulous Group – flight to Luang Prabang.
Wake early and transfer by tuk tuk to Angkor Wat complex - the largest religious monument in the world. Dawn is the most beautiful and haunting time to visit the temples and your trip value will be added when you see Angkor Wat reflex on the water.
For your most convenience, a table with hot tea or coffee and breakfast box arranged by Travel Cambodia will be served right on site of Angkor Wat.
This is our way to avoid the crowd when they go back to their hotel for breakfast.
Then, drive to the ancient capital of King Indravarman I (877-889), now referred to as the Rolous Group and known as the birthplace of classical Khmer art and architecture.
Later of this day, transfer to airport for your flight to Luang Prabang. Upon arrival, you will be greeted and driven to the hotel for check in. Relax then.
Accommodations: Hotel in Luang Prabang
Day 4: Luang Prabang – Pakou Cave
Following breakfast at the hotel, you will first visit the former king’s palace, which is now a museum. The many items nicely displayed include rare furniture, traditional costumes and arts, jewelry, ornaments as well as working tools and utensils of the early part of the 20th century. Then, drive out to Ban Xanghai, also known as the whisky village where the local make their wine lao lao from rice. Next, you will walk down to the pier to board a local motorized boat heading along Mekong to the mysterious Pak Ou caves exploring these mysterious caverns, filled with thousands of gold-lacquered Buddha images.
Later, on the way back to Luong Prabang you will visit Ban Xieng Khong and Ban Xieng Lek which are very famous for making Saa Jute paper. On arrival in Luong Prabang late this afternoon, join us on a climb up to Phousi hill, the highest point in the area, to admire the panoramic view of the town at sunset. Transfer back to the hotel and enjoy your easy time afterward.
In the evening, you can either relax in the hotel or explore the nearby Night Market on your own, where you can find an expansive collection of textiles, hand-woven by the local hill tribe people.
Accommodations: Hotel in Luang Prabang
Day 5: Luang Prabang – Morning city tour/ free afternoon.
For the early risers, we suggest you should take the fantastic opportunity to watch or participate in the unique daily morning ritual, where hundreds of saffron-clad monks walk in procession collecting offerings of sticky rice from devout residents along the roadsides.
After breakfast, join a half day city tour with us to explore the city’s main attractions. First, visit Wats Xieng Thong, the Golden City monastery, which dates back to the 16th century and is considered to be the finest in Laos. Continue to the morning Phosi Market where you will see such diverse offerings as dried buffalo skin, local tea and saltpeter among the chickens, vegetables and hill-tribe weavings.
The afternoon is free. Perhaps, you may just relax at hotel or discover the city by yourself. Or, you may take part in one of the following activities with us. Please contact our travel consultant for more information and arrangement.
- Trip to visit the local villages of Lao ethnic minority groups at Ban Ouay, Hmong Village, Ban Ou, Laoloum Village and Ban Thapene, Khmu Village, then drive to the beautiful Khouangsi Waterfall where you can cool off with a refreshing swim in the turqoise pools or walk along the forest trails.
- Take part in Basi ritual ceremony (better arranged for the big group due to the cost).
- The trip to the Ock Pop Tok. This is the Living Crafts Centre where the fascinating world of Lao textiles comes alive! Set in the grounds of a stunning tropical garden on the Mekong, it's the perfect place to learn more about this unique Lao art.
- A half day with the mahout on the elephant ride exploring the countryside.
- Cooking class.
- Experience for yourself the process of making rice – from seed to table on the half-day ‘Rice is Life’ interactive experience.
Accommodation: Hotel in Luang Prabang
Day 6: Luang Prabang – Departure
After breakfast, you will have free time for doing what you wish until the transfer to the airport to catch your departure flight home.
Note: Please be aware that flight time, hotels and all others logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability.
If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be offered. All hotel ratings are according to the local.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is cambodiatours.com trusted?
- www.cambodiatours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
Want to Ask a question?
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Cambodia & Laos Visa fee( more at www.cambodiatours.com/visa)
Call us on 0084 934 564 690 to speak to one of our experts.